February 27, 2007
“Dressing” the home up is one of my favorite things to do in my life as a stager. A home feels so bare if there are only furnitures! In my earlier career, I didn’t realize how accessories can transform a staged home, or a living home. The way I see it, art work has several purposes:
To a staged home:
- It adds interests for the eyes and helps to anchor the room
- It accents the main feature of the room. For example, placing a painting above the bed to draw your eyes to the bed, which is the focal point & purpose of the room.
- It warms the place up and make it less boring!
For a living home:
- All the reasons above
- It adds your personality! A home owner has a lot more freedom than a home stager when they “dress” their homes. Accent walls are great, and wild and crazy painting are awesome expressions of personalities.
- Shows off your art collection! (But don’t forget to rotate your collection so they receive proper care and it will prolong their lives when you keep them out of the sun)
Here is a quick and dirty example of it. The 2nd one looks more visually interesting.
Powered by Facebook Comments