August 8, 2008
If you haven’t heard, Design Within Reach is having a HUGE sale down at the Fort Mason! I received this email from the PR person of DWR:
Design Within Reach â€“ Warehouse Event
The DWR Warehouse Event is back in stainless steel tables and credenzas. Dining solutions from $99, beds from $599, living room sofas and arm chairs 30-70% off. Delivery service will be available on site for a fee. Daily furniture replenishment will ensure that great deals are in stock around the clock. in a big way, at the 50,000 square foot Fort Mason Festival Pavilion, with over 40 truckloads of furniture at savings of up to 80% off. This is a limited time opportunity to access an extensive selection of pieces at substantial discounts, including crystal-clear Louis Ghost armchairs, height-adjustable Lem Piston Stools, classic Eames Lounge and Ottoman sets and industrial chic
Thursday, August 7 Noon – 6pm
Friday, August 8 Noon – 7pm
Saturday, August 9 10am- 5pm
Sunday, August 10 11am- 5pm
Fort Mason Festival Pavilion
Fort Mason Center, Marina Boulevard , San Francisco
For more information:
So what did I do? Of course I jumped into the car once I finished at the office and headed over to DWR sale at Fort Mason.
I snagged some awesome deals on Knoll Classic chairs (Chadwick & Life) for the new office. These are NEVER on sale! Plus, me and my assistant have been lusting after these at the showroom. A great office chair is a great investment since you will be sitting in it for a long time. More importantly, you want to have a chair that will support your body so you are not at risk of hurting yourself. (Next week, I will be starting a series of what furniture you should splurge on and what you can save with cheaper substitutes)
Both come with lumbar support, which is important for long hours doing admin work.
I also have snagged 2 slightly banged up Prince Aha Stools. I have been wanting these forever! These are great everyday stools or side tables. They are also frequently used in spas & outdoor pools of hotels. They are very versatile and fun.
Here are a few tips when you are there:
- Do bring a buddy if you can. These sales tend to be chaotic. It’s great to have someone there to help you sit on the stuff that you want while you go off to grab a sales person.
- Do pay attention to the damage. There are things that are fixable such as nicks and dirt, but permanent stains or rips or broken legs may be a difficult/impossible fix. So ask your sales person to see what is wrong with the merchandise.
- Go EARLY if you can. Saturday and Sunday will be a total zoo.
- Bring a bigger car! At these prices, these are total steals!
- Do your homework before you go, know what kind of stuff you are looking for. Fort Mason is HUGE, it helps to have a focus on what you want.
- HAVE LOTS OF FUN!
Let me know if you have snagged some great deal, I would love to hear about them!
Powered by Facebook Comments