June 8, 2010
“Dressing” the home up is one of my favorite things to do in my life as a stager. A home feels so bare if there is only furniture! In my earlier career, I didn’t realize how accessories can transform a staged home, or a living home. The way I see it, artwork has several purposes:
To a staged home:
- It adds interests for the eyes and helps to anchor the room.
- It accents the main feature of the room. For example, placing a painting above the bed to draw your eyes to the bed, which is the focal point & purpose of the room.
- It warms the place up and makes it less boring!
For a living home:
- All the reasons above
- It adds your personality! A home owner has a lot more freedom than a home stager when they “dress” their homes. Accent walls are great…wild and crazy paintings are awesome expressions of personalities. Check out these great tips for hanging art on your walls!
- Shows off your art collection! (But don’t forget to rotate your collection so they receive proper care and it will prolong their lives when you keep them out of the sun.)
Here is a quick example. The 2nd one looks more visually interesting.
Note: Staged4more is an eco-friendly company and we believe in recycling everything, including blogposts. This post is part of a weekly series of refreshed posts we’re calling “Restyled” from our earlier blogging years. This post was originally written in October, 2006 and has been “Restyled” for your reading pleasure. Let us know what you think!
Powered by Facebook Comments